Emmy Rossum on Body Acceptance at the Gym and Learning to Breathe - Hot actress living in New York city








You've probably seen the hairiest of Movember aspect - the growing legion of men grow mustaches in November to raise awareness about the health problems of men. But another arm Movember is driven by celebrity ambassadors run campaigns to promote healthier life styles. Emmy Rossum is one of those ambassadors, and while its commitment to encourage people to participate in physical activity is discussed, he met with the Court and the implementation of respiration remains calm is shared, how healthy habits is maintained, and why not compare your body to others' in the gym.

How do I start my day I get up and feed the dogs, and then do the black tea. Usually the night before bathing. I wash my face and brush my teeth. I use this Dial antibacterial soap that I like after a workout. My routine skin care is quite simple.

How I love to sweat: I work with a coach and friends. No exercise is fun, so I like to climb the very loud music and being around people I like. I use a lot of my own body weight and do exercises that work several muscles at once. It saves time and optimizes your workout. I probably do cardio every other day. On Sunday my motto is "less brunching and crunch". I put my friends together, either in my home or on my lawn and going to work together.

What health means to me: Well sounds a bit hippie. I'm not a hippie, but I do believe in a lifestyle very calm because I know what I eat and drink affects my sense of well-being and my ability to concentrate and work.

My shortcut welfare is: no shortcuts.

How well has changed for me: I used to beat myself if I did not get a workout, and now I really have to listen to my body. If I'm sore, I'll take a day or walk around the block. I think it is not perfect, but to be the best version of you. I also used to compare myself, my body and the way I see on the outside to other people who were in the gym. Now just I try to be the best version of me, because that's the way my body and that's my body type and this is the best version of me. I also believe that health and wellness are not just about the physical, but also mental and about what you feel for yourself. Part of the reason I'm involved with Movember is that women have as much influence over men in our lives. Women feel more comfortable talking about our feelings and mental health and taking the stigma of men to encourage them to talk about feelings.

How I can achieve mental clarity: I'm not really completely still in meditation, though I'm sure it probably should be. If I feel very stressed, instead of reaching for a glass of wine at the end of the day, I'm doing breathing exercises. I have an application of breathing on my phone, actually, and it's really useful. I feel like when I'm stressed I'm not getting enough oxygen - I forget to breathe, which worsens the situation. If I'm sitting in traffic and I'm upset, I'll remember to breath for a count of four, hold for four, exhale for six, maintain two. It is called respiration rate. I think it's for panic attacks, although that is not what I use it for.

How and when I am alone: ​​I have a chain of cheese addiction. I can not keep them at home. It's not something I would eat with other people - it's not like I get a little string cheese when I'm having a glass of wine with a group of friends. It's just something I would have when I'm in the way, and the truth is that you have to think about it. I suppose it could be worse.

Well my advice is: I think when we think of New Year's resolutions or when you beat yourself for not going to the gym can be overwhelming. I'm reading this book about the habits of calls The Power of Habit, and it's kind of fascinating. It talks about how you want to change a pattern, you should not try to change everything at once - you should try to change a little thing first. Then it becomes a healthy habit and can take into the next. Start slow. Give yourself a little job to do, and tell yourself to go to the gym twice a week, I'm not going to the gym every day, and I will not drink at night. Do not do everything at once, because it will feel like an insurmountable mountain of change. Gradually acclimate.